Saturday, October 14, 2017

Hank Williams Jr - All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight

Well, one of my rowdy friends came over last night.  Co-blogger and brother-from-another-mother ASM826 was in town last night and stopped by Castle Borepatch.  The Queen Of The World decreed a Royal Feast (and put out a delicious spread) and ASM826 and I stayed up late.  Deep Thoughts were exchanged (cue Jack Handey).  It was a reminder of the pleasure you get from good friends.

You know there's a Country song about that.  Sadly, neither ASM826 not I are as rowdy as we once were, but it was sure a fun evening.



All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight (Songwriter: Hank Williams, Jr.)
I got ketchup on my blue jeans, I just burnt my hand 
Lord, it's hard to be a bachelor man
I got girls that can cook, I got girls that can clean
I got girls that can do anything in between
I got to get ready, make everything right
Cause all my rowdy friends are comin over tonight 

Do you want a drink, hey, do you want to party
Hey, honey, this is ole Hank, ready to get the thing started
We cooked the pig in the ground, got some beer on ice
And all my rowdy friends are comin over tonight 

Now, my party pad is out in the woods 
It's a long, long way from here to Hollywood
But I got some natural queens out on the floor
And ole Miss Mississippi just walked through the door
Got a little wirlpool just made for ten
And you can jump out and you can jump in
You can do anything that you wanna do
But, uh-uhh, don't you step on my cowboy boots 

Do you want to drink, hey do you want to party
Hey, this is ole Hank, ready to get this summer started
I cooked a pig in the ground, we got some beer on ice
And all my rowdy friends are comin over tonight 

Do you want to drink, hey, do you want to party
Hey, hey, this is rockin, Randall Hank
Ready to get the summer time started
We cooked the pig in the ground
We got some beer on ice
All my rowdy friends are comin over tonight
That's right, come on in
Bootnote: This video is a riot, mostly because of all the people who appeared in it.  George Jones drives his riding mower to the party.  Cheech shows up in a smoke-filled car.  Waylon, Willie, Kris Kristofferson, and George Thorogood all put in appearances.

No comments: